This Privacy Notice was last updated on 15th Jan 2023.
This Privacy Notice applies to my practices regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of the personal data I collect from and about you. I may update this Privacy Notice due to changes in my processing operations or applicable legislation. An updated privacy notice will be available here on my website and on all other contact points where I obtain personal data directly from you. If you have any questions regarding my privacy practices or this Privacy Notice, please contact me at email@example.com.
Who am I?
My company is Jukka Hyytiälä Oy, a company established in Finland with a registered address in Luotitie 9, 68100 HIMANKA. In privacy matters, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How and where do I obtain your personal data?
When you interact with me, I am collecting your personal data. Depending on the interaction, you might provide personal data to me by yourself or I can collect it automatically. I have listed below the most common situations which I obtain your personal data from.
- When you visit my website, I automatically gather server log file information that contains certain personal data of yours, such as your IP address and time of visit.
- When you contact me or I contact you, I collect your personal data such as the time and the details of the communication between us.
Why do I process your personal data?
- To keep my website running. For example, for you to access my website, I need to process your IP address. I process certain log information to diagnose potential issues with my servers. Legal basis for this data usage: Legitimate interests
- Sales activities. As part of my sales activities you might receive an email, phone call, or other message and you might contact me. Naturally, I need to process your contact and communication details to communicate with you. Legal basis for this data usage: Legitimate interest and contract
How long do I keep your personal data?
As a general rule, your personal data is retained only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the data is being processed.
- Log file information is stored for 24 months unless I have a valid legal reason to retain such information for longer periods, for example, if I need to investigate any fraudulent behavior.
- Contact details are stored within my email service for as long as I have a business relationship with you or your employer. If you are a sales lead and I do not enter into a contract with you, your contact details will be removed within 24 months upon collection.
- Data about business transactions, such as agreed contact details, emails, or other sales communications are stored for as long as I have a business relationship with you + 10 years.
Please note that I might anonymize certain personal data in a shorter period than listed above if I don’t have any reason to retain it in a form that enables me or any 3rd party to identify you.
Do I disclose your personal data to third parties?
I have put a great effort to limit the number of my service providers to what is strictly necessary for providing my services to you and to keep your information under my full control. As I can’t do specific things by myself, I have to use a limited number of 3rd parties with that I share your information in connection with the services. I have made contractual arrangements with these companies to ensure they will process your personal data only on our behalf and never for their purposes. At the moment, the following third parties are used in the processing of your personal data:
|Name of the 3rd party||Reason for using the 3rd party||Location of the 3rd party|
|Domainhotelli (Planeetta Internet Oy)||I use Planeetta Internet’s services to host my website.||Finland|
|ProtonMail (Proton AG)||I use Proton’s email services.||Switzerland|
Do I transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area?
Yes, I transfer your personal data to Switzerland. This is because I use Proton’s email service to send and receive emails. Transferring your personal data to Switzerland is allowed because of the decision of the European Commission.
In other situations, your personal data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
What rights do you have as a data subject?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights relating to the processing of your personal data and below I have summarized those rights. Please be aware that some of these rights are not absolute and there are certain limitations when they apply. For any questions or information about this Privacy Notice or your rights as a data subject, please contact me at email@example.com.
- Right to access your personal data. You have the right to request at any time, a confirmation of whether I am processing your personal data or not. In case I am processing your data, you have the right to access and receive a copy of such information.
- Right to correct your personal data. If you believe that the information I store on you is incorrect or out-of-date, you may contact me and request to correct such information.
- Right to be forgotten. You have the right to request me to delete your personal data and I will do so, except I have a legal obligation to store it or when I have a legitimate reason to retain it. For example, I need certain information to verify a business transaction or to defend or prepare against a legal claim.
- Right to restrict processing. You have the right to ask me to suspend the processing of your personal data, for example, if you need such information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims and you don’t want me to delete such information by my retention times.
- Right to transfer your personal data. You have the right to get your personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable format so you can transfer such data to another company.
- Right to object processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and I will cease the processing except when I believe I have a legitimate reason to continue processing. At any time, you may object to any processing that I conduct for direct marketing purposes.